Chalok Baan Kao beach is one of the biggest Koh Tao beaches but not as popular and busy as Sairee beach. The long white sand beach with crystal clear shallow water is ideal for a day of relaxing. It makes it also a perfect beach for families with young children or couples who are looking for a more relaxing beach. Overall, Chalok Baan Kao beach is a good place to go if you want a quiet beach but still near local conveniences. Read in this complete guide what to expect and about the things to do at Chalok Baan Kao beach.
Best Koh Tao tours
If you want to explore Koh Tao then it is highly recommended to book your tour in advance. Choose your favorite tours here and secure your booking! All of these tours include air conditioned transport with hotel pick up and drop off, certified guides and sometimes also lunch and the entrance fees. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- Thai Cooking Class Koh Tao. Rainy afternoon or just interested to learn Thai cooking? Then this activity is for you! In a small group you will learn how to cook Thai from a local expert. After cooking the dishes you will enjoy them and leftovers can be taken home.
- Half Day fishing experience Koh Tao. Enjoy this private half day fishing tour around the waters of Koh Tao. Learn how to catch fish and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- PADI 4 day diving course Koh Tao. Get PADI certified during this 4 day scuba diving course. All lesson material, dives, equipment and the official certificate are included.
- Half day snorkeling trip to hidden bays of Koh Tao. Start your morning at 8AM with snorkeling in some of the hidden bays of Koh Tao. You will visit Freedom Bay, Shark Bay, Aow Leuk Bay and Tao Thong Bay during this half day snorkel tour.
- Private Photo Session with Local Photographer in Koh Tao. The perfect way to capture your solo trip, honeymoon, family vacation or couples photoshoot with 100% money back satisfaction guarantee on Koh Tao.
- One day diving experience Koh Tao. If you don’t have your PADI certificate but you want to go diving in Koh Tao, then this is the tour for you. During this one time scuba diving experience you will explore the underwater world of Koh Tao at 12 meters depth.
- Koh Nang Yuan snorkel day trip by speedboat. Explore the best snorkel spots around Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan during this half day snorkel trip. You can see many tropical fishes, turtles and maybe even black tip sharks!
How to get to Chalok Baan Kao Beach Koh Tao
Chalok Baan Kao Bay is located on the southern coast of the island close to Freedom beach and John Suwan viewpoint. The beach is easy to access from the main road an has enough parking spots available along the beach. There are no parking or entrance fees at Chalok Baan Kao Bay.
What to expect at Chalok Baan Kao Beach Koh Tao
Chalok Baan Kao Beach Koh Tao is the third largest beach on the island. With beautiful soft sand beautiful, crystal clear water, this beach is worth spending a day or afternoon. The beach is generally not visited by many people, so you’ll have a big chance like us to have it all for yourself. There are a few beach bars with bean bags scattered on the beach to enjoy an afternoon drink. Or when you’d like to eat along the beach, there are a few restaurants along the Chalok Baan Kao Beach where you can have a great lunch or dinner!
Things to do at Chalok Baan Kao Beach Koh Tao
What else to do at a beautiful beach except chilling, sunbathing and swimming? Well, that’s absolutely a good idea, but, in the near area are fun other things to do! You can go snorkeling at Freedom beach, hike to John Suwan viewpoint or relax at the High Bar with a beautiful view on Chalok Baan Kao Bay. If you head east from Chalok Baan Kao Bay you can walk along the beach boardwalk to the entrance of Freedom beach and John Suwan viewpoint.
Koh Tao weather
The climate on Koh Tao is hot and humid for most of the year. The rainiest months are October, November and December, so avoid these months. The best moment to come to the Koh Tao is from January to April but the island is also enjoyable during the months of March until August. At this time of the year Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao have the best weather of all Thai islands.
Where to stay on Koh Tao
The Place Luxury Boutique Villas
The Place Luxury Boutique Villas offers amazing one-bedroom villas in Koh Tao with an incredible view on the ocean located on the west coast of the island. We stayed at The Place for 2 nights and had the best time! You have complete privacy with your own dining area at the spacious terrace. A fully-equipped kitchen with a wide-range of cooking equipment. The air-conditioned bedroom offers a direct access to the outdoor infinity pool with an amazing view on the mountain and sea wit sunset view. The bathroom is beautiful with details of plants and the living room includes a flat screen TV and a DVD player for entertainment. Breakfast is not included but you can order at local restaurants and get it delivered to your door! This villa has so much privacy, we havent experienced before!
Prices start around €245 per night.
Simple Life Cliff View Resort Koh Tao
Simple Life Cliff View Resort is located at the southern tip of Koh Tao’s Sairee Beach and offers luxury studios, 1 and 2 bedroom suites. The rooms with view on the swimming pool start around €65 per night wile the more luxury rooms with breathtaking view of Sairee Beach and the ocean start around €198 per night. This 3 star resort offers a private beach area, free Wifi and room service The cascading swimming pool runs through the centre of the resort and their restaurant serves fantastic Thai and international cuisine. A continental breakfast is daily available at the resort.
Prices start around €65 for the pool view rooms up to €198 per night for the sea view rooms.
The Ozo Koh Tao
Here you will enjoy a peaceful hillside location located in the south of the island. The cozy, comfortably furnished rooms offer a living space of 32 – 40 square meters and are equipped with all the necessities for a relaxing stay. The amenities available in the rooms include air conditioning, refrigerator, TV, safe, hot shower, tea and coffee making facilities, free WiFi Internet and a private balcony or terrace from where you can enjoy views of the pool and mountains. Some of the rooms also have a kitchenette with a microwave. The outdoor pool with sun loungers makes it perfect for a lazy afternoon. We stayed for a few days at the Ozo and it was a great budget deal!
Prices start around €33.
Of course there are also even cheaper accommodations on Koh Tao, like hostels and guesthouses where you can stay for around €10 per night. Have a look at booking.com to find your perfect spot!
More Koh Tao travel inspiration
I hope you enjoyed this complete guide about Chalok Baan beach Koh Tao.
For more Koh Tao travel inspiration, head over to our other Thailand blog posts:
For all best tips about Koh Phangan, head over to these blog posts:
Is your plan to travel to Koh Samui? Then read this blog for all the best things to do in Koh Samui