Bophut beach can be found in the area Bophut which has a lot of different things to offer. You can do plenty of different things near Bophut beach which makes it a great place to base yourself. Bophut actually consists of two places. Bophut beach, which sweeps down several kilometers between the Big Buddha temple and Maenam beach. And one of the oldest places on the island, the charming Fisherman’s Village, which takes up the middle section of the beach. In this blog post you’ll find everything you need to know about Bophut beach.
Best Koh Samui tours
If you want to explore the best of Koh Samui, and eventually the surrounding islands such as Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Ang Thong Marine Park and Koh Nang Yuan, then you can find the best tours here. All of these tours include air conditioned transport with hotel pick up and drop off, certified guides and sometimes also lunch and the entrance fees. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- ATV Quad bike safari tour in the jungle of Koh Samui. Explore Koh Samui on an ATV quad bike on this guided tour through lush jungles and dirt roads to get your adrenaline pumping.
- Beach Yoga Class & Full-Day Sightseeing Tour Koh Samui. Start the day mindful with a yoga class on a quiet beach. After that you will visit the highlights of Samui island such as the biggest waterfall, famous rock formations and beautiful pagoda’s and viewpoints.
- Traditional Thai cooking class with market tour. Learn how to make traditional Thai food in a half-day, small group cooking class. Choose four dishes to cook and take an educational tour of Koh Samui’s local market to discover the beauty of Thai herbs, spices, and vegetables.
- Go on a 4WD wild Jungle Safari tour with lunch. Enjoy a half-day tour visiting the highlights of Koh Samui in an 4×4 army jeep and have lunch at a mountain-top restaurant with beautiful views of the island.
- Koh Samui night market, sunset view at Laem Sor Pagoda and beach dinner. This private tour starts with a visit to the night market. Then you will visit the famous rock formations and Laem Sor Pagoda for a romantic sunset. To end the evening you will have a private dinner on the beach.
- Visit an ethical elephant home on Koh Samui. During this ethical, half-day program you have the opportunity to participate and spend quality time caring for elephants while observing their natural behaviour.
- Fishing and snorkeling trip with BBQ. Embark on a fishing journey with a traditional wooden fishing boat and fish in the Gulf of Thailand. Snorkel with the marine life at a special location and enjoy an amazing barbecue out at sea.
- Discover Koh Phangan by 4×4 Full-Day Tour. Enjoy a full day of adventure in a 4×4 Jeep on Koh Phangan island and explore the natural beauty and hidden gems of the island.
- Go island hopping to 5 secret nearby islands on a luxury yacht. Visit the 5 secret islands nearby Koh Samui and snorkel, swim or sea kayak to explore the coastline & mangrove forests. Feed the resident deers and pigs on Koh Rap island and have a lovely lunch on board of the luxury yacht.
- Visit Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan on this day tour. Enjoy sightseeing and snorkel at Ao Muang. Swim and snorkel at Koh Nang Yuan and hike to the top of the mountain for an incredible panoramic view.
- Ang Thong Marine park day tour. Explore Ang Thong Marine park from Samui and snorkel at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow. Visit Emerald Lake, go kayaking and hike up Mae Koh for the breathtaking viewpoint. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on board of the boat.
- Long tail boat tour to Coral and Pig Island. Go on an island hopping adventure and discover the beautiful coral reefs. Swim amongst colorful marine life and meet the friendly pigs of Pig Island Koh Madsum.
How to get to Bophut beach Koh Samui
Bophut beach is located on the Northern tip of Koh Samui. You can check out Bophut beach when you’re in Fisherman’s village as it’s part of area. The best way to get around the island is by renting a motorbike for around 200baht per day. You can also go by taxi or Songtaew, but of course you are way more flexible to go with a scooter.
What to expect at Bophut beach
Bophut beach is a beautiful soft white sand beach which stretches all the way from the Big Buddha temple to Maenam beach. The center of Bophut beach is in Fisherman’s village which has a very dynamic vibe. There is also lots of stuff to do around the area. You’re very close to the shops, restaurants and there are various places to stay.
That’s also the reason why it can get crowded on Bophut beach or in the area. So if you’re into more quiet beaches you better can go to Lipa Noi beach in the South West or Maenam beach more on the left side of Bophut in a quieter area.
There are local Thai men selling fruit from a boat on the beach and from the other shops and restaurants you can get other food, so you won’t have to leave the beach to get some food!
Koh Samui weather
If you are planning to visit Koh Samui, of course you want to go in the best months with the driest days. The monsoon usually lasts from October through December with November as the wettest month. February and March, on the other hand, are the sunniest months. January is (statistically) the coolest month and April the hottest time of the year. Broadly you can travel to Koh Samui from January until October to have the best chance on a sunny vacation.
Where to stay in Koh Samui
This depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is considering the Samui hotels or beach resort you can choose. If you’re looking for entertainment and nightlife you have to stay around the Chaweng area. But if you’re more into relaxing and quiet beaches, then book your accommodation around the more in the south or around Maenam beach area as it’s much quieter.
More Koh Samui travel inspiration
I hope you enjoyed this complete guide about Bophut beach Koh Samui.
For more Koh Samui travel inspiration, head over to our other blog posts: