Yes they do exist! The Teletubbie hills. These green rolling hills on Nusa Penida island are a fun stop while exploring the east coast. There are a few viewpoints on Bukit Teletubbies along the way, so you don’t have to walk far to see them. However, if you do like a bit of adventuring you can go on a little hike up the hills to see the sweeping views even better. And if you like to fly the drone you can see the Teletubbie hills even better. In this complete guide we share some of the pictures we took at Bukit Teletubbies and some more information on the best time to go and how to get on top of on of the Teletubbie hills.
Best Nusa Penida tours
If you want to explore Nusa Penida during a one, two or three day trip, then it is highly recommended to book your tour in advance. Because of Bali’s popularity and in particular Nusa Penida, it is highly recommended to book your tours in advance as it is likely that tours sell out. So don’t wait with booking until you get to Bali. Choose your favorite tours here and secure your booking! All of these tours include air conditioned transport with hotel pick up and drop off, certified guides and fastboat tickets. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- Nusa Penida one day tour. See all the highlights of Nusa Penida during this epic day tour. Start your day snorkeling with Manta Rays, then go to Crystal Bay, look out over Kelingking beach, visit Atuh and Diamond beach and take pictures at Thousand island viewpoint and the famous treehouse.
- Nusa Penida two day tour. During this 2 day tour you will see almost everything on Nusa Penida. You will snorkel with Manta Rays, see all the best viewpoints and swim in the most clearest waters at the beaches of Nusa Penida.
- Nusa Penida three day tour. This three day tour shows you everything of Nusa Penida underwater and on land. You will snorkel at a few locations and see the best viewpoints, beaches, waterfalls and photo spots of Nusa Penida.
- 2-Day Nusa Penida & Lembongan complete tour. This 2 day tour is perfect if you want to combine the best of both islands, Lembongan and Penida. All your transport, 1 night stay in a beachfront hotel and all activities and entrance fees are included.
- West Nusa Penida day tour & Snorkel with Manta Rays. Explore the west coast of Nusa Penida including Kelingking Beach, Angel’s Billabong and Broken Beach. Besides that you will snorkel with Manta Rays at Manta Point.
- East Nusa Penida day tour. Explore the Instagram hotspots of Nusa Penida along the east coast. Visit the famous Kelingking viewpoint, Diamont beach lookout, the famous tree house, Thousand Island viewpoint and Atuh beach.
- Snorkel with Manta Rays tour. If you only want to go snorkeling with Manta Rays in Nusa Penida, then you can book this tour which includes 3 snorkeling sessions at Nusa Lembongan and Penida, Mangrove tour by kayak, stand-up paddleboard or private gondola and pick up and drop off.
- Find here more Nusa Penida tours.
How to get to Bukit Teletubbies
The Bukit Teletubbies are located on the eastern part of the island and take about 45 minutes of driving from the main town Toya Pakeh. You can perfectly combine a visit to the Teletubbie hills while exploring Nusa Penida’s east coast. The hills are easy to find and there are several viewpoints located directly along the road. So you can just park your vehicle or even see the rolling hills while passing along. It just depends how much time you have to explore. Because if you like a bit of hiking then I’d definitely recommend to walk up one of the hills!
Best time to go to Bukit Teletubbies
The best time to visit the Bukit Teletubbies are with sunrise or around sunset. During the day it’s very hot and there is little shade around. Also if you want to take some nice pictures here the early mornings and moments around sunset are the best because the light will be softer. During the day it tends to get cloudy often.
Considering the best season to visit the Bukit Teletubbies you will have the most lush green hills during and right after rainy season. The bright green color is in these months at its best. During and especially after the dry season the Teletubbie hills can be turned into brownish hills because most of the grass has dried up. This will give a different view and experience than you can see on our pictures where the Teletubbie hills are beautifully green. We have visited in March 2022 for your information.
What to expect at the Bukit Teletubbies
You can either have a quick look from of the viewpoints next to the road and continue your journey, or do a bit more of a deep exploration. The last thing is what we did. We were prepared and had our sneakers on which is recommended if you’re planning to do a bit of hiking. It’s actually a great place if you’re looking to be a bit more active. You can explore around the Bukit Teletubbies by following the pathway into the bushes which will lead you around the hills.
We also climbed up one of the hills to get a better perspective on the surrounding hills and enjoy the sweeping views towards the ocean. Especially with a drone you can get such a cool perspective of the sloping hills. It’s a very unique view which you don’t even see in Bali. So in our opinion definitely one of the must things to do on Nusa Penida!
More Nusa Penida travel inspiration
I hope you enjoyed this complete guide about Bukit Teletubbies Nusa Penida.
For more Nusa Penida travel guides, read our other blogs for many travel tips.
For more Bali travel inspo, head over to these guides: