Overlap Stone viewpoint is a unique spot made of a giant rock is one of the lesser-known hidden gems on Koh Samui island. From Overlap Stone viewpoint you’ll have breathtaking views of Lamai Beach and the surrounding area. You can combine this spectacular view with other things to do like a visit to the Hin Ta and Hin Yai rocks and of course visiting some of the beautiful beaches of Koh Samui in this area. In this blog post you will find everything you need to know about Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui. How to get there, what to expect and more!
Best Koh Samui tours
If you want to explore the best of Koh Samui, and eventually the surrounding islands such as Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Ang Thong Marine Park and Koh Nang Yuan, then you can find the best tours here. All of these tours include air conditioned transport with hotel pick up and drop off, certified guides and sometimes also lunch and the entrance fees. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- ATV Quad bike safari tour in the jungle of Koh Samui. Explore Koh Samui on an ATV quad bike on this guided tour through lush jungles and dirt roads to get your adrenaline pumping.
- Beach Yoga Class & Full-Day Sightseeing Tour Koh Samui. Start the day mindful with a yoga class on a quiet beach. After that you will visit the highlights of Samui island such as the biggest waterfall, famous rock formations and beautiful pagoda’s and viewpoints.
- Traditional Thai cooking class with market tour. Learn how to make traditional Thai food in a half-day, small group cooking class. Choose four dishes to cook and take an educational tour of Koh Samui’s local market to discover the beauty of Thai herbs, spices, and vegetables.
- Go on a 4WD wild Jungle Safari tour with lunch. Enjoy a half-day tour visiting the highlights of Koh Samui in an 4×4 army jeep and have lunch at a mountain-top restaurant with beautiful views of the island.
- Koh Samui night market, sunset view at Laem Sor Pagoda and beach dinner. This private tour starts with a visit to the night market. Then you will visit the famous rock formations and Laem Sor Pagoda for a romantic sunset. To end the evening you will have a private dinner on the beach.
- Visit an ethical elephant home on Koh Samui. During this ethical, half-day program you have the opportunity to participate and spend quality time caring for elephants while observing their natural behaviour.
- Fishing and snorkeling trip with BBQ. Embark on a fishing journey with a traditional wooden fishing boat and fish in the Gulf of Thailand. Snorkel with the marine life at a special location and enjoy an amazing barbecue out at sea.
- Discover Koh Phangan by 4×4 Full-Day Tour. Enjoy a full day of adventure in a 4×4 Jeep on Koh Phangan island and explore the natural beauty and hidden gems of the island.
- Go island hopping to 5 secret nearby islands on a luxury yacht. Visit the 5 secret islands nearby Koh Samui and snorkel, swim or sea kayak to explore the coastline & mangrove forests. Feed the resident deers and pigs on Koh Rap island and have a lovely lunch on board of the luxury yacht.
- Visit Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan on this day tour. Enjoy sightseeing and snorkel at Ao Muang. Swim and snorkel at Koh Nang Yuan and hike to the top of the mountain for an incredible panoramic view.
- Ang Thong Marine park day tour. Explore Ang Thong Marine park from Samui and snorkel at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow. Visit Emerald Lake, go kayaking and hike up Mae Koh for the breathtaking viewpoint. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on board of the boat.
- Long tail boat tour to Coral and Pig Island. Go on an island hopping adventure and discover the beautiful coral reefs. Swim amongst colorful marine life and meet the friendly pigs of Pig Island Koh Madsum.
How to get to Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui
To get around Koh Samui and be flexible in when and where you stop, the best option is to rent a scooter for around 200 baht per day. But if you’re not feeling safe driving a scooter, you can also go with a taxi or Songtaew.
Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui is located in the upper jungle area of Lamai. Google Maps will help you to find the way. There are some signs along the way which makes it clear to you where the parking area is and which path to follow towards the Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui. Be aware that the road will be a bit steep.
Once you’ve parked your scooter you have to walk for a few minutes through the jungle. You pass some abandoned cars and it almost feels as if you enter someones home. I don’t know if there is still someone living there, we didn’t hear or saw anyone in the hour that we stayed there.
Entrance fee Overlap Stone viewpoint
The entrance fee for Overlap Stone viewpoint is 50 baht per person. The parking lot is owned by someone else so you have to pay the parking fee separately. This is 20 Baht for a motorbike and 40 Baht for a car.
What to expect at Overlap Stone viewpoint
After you’ve parked your scooter or stepped out of the car, you have to walk for a few minutes through the jungle. There are signs which lead you to the Overlap Stone viewpoint. There you will see the huge stone looking over Lamai beach and the surrounding area connected by a small bridge. This natural phenomenon is quite unique as the perfectly round-shaped stone is resting on a natural platform. Because of its unusual location, you really have the feeling of entering someone’s backyard. But if you’re lucky just like us, you have a chance of being alone at the viewpoint.
Be careful on your way down with your scooter. After you’ve explored the Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui, there is plenty of other stuff to do. You can visit Namuang waterfall, Hin Ta and Hin Yai rocks or chill at Lamai beach. If Lamai beach isn’t what you were looking for, there are many more beach options nearby. You can check out Silver beach which is located in a hidden bay, or head to the areas Chaweng where you can find Bophut beach and Chaweng beach.
Koh Samui weather
If you are planning to visit Koh Samui, of course you want to go in the best months with the driest days. The monsoon usually lasts from October through December with November as the wettest month. February and March, on the other hand, are the sunniest months. January is (statistically) the coolest month and April the hottest time of the year. Broadly you can travel to Koh Samui from January until October to have the best chance on a sunny vacation.
Where to stay in Koh Samui
This depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is. There are many options for luxury resorts on Koh Samui or affordable acommodations. If you’re looking for entertainment and nightlife you have to stay around the Chaweng area. But if you’re more into relaxing and quiet beaches, then book your accommodation more in the southern area of the island or around Maenam beach area. These places or more for the peace seekers as the Chaweng area is where most of the parties being held.
More Koh Samui travel inspiration
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog about Overlap Stone viewpoint Koh Samui. It’ really worth it to check this spot out!
For more Koh Samui travel inspiration, check out our other Koh Samui blog posts:
Or if you’re planning to explore more of Thailand, head over to our other blog posts which will tell you: