Lipa Noi beach is a bit off the beaten path in a more remote area of Samui with little else to do. But that doesn’t mean that Lipa Noi beach is worth a visit! Especially for people in search of more quiet beaches or with kids, Lipa Noi is your choice! The water is very shallow for up to 100 meters. Combined with the three kilometers beach that has fine white sand and no rocks or coral in the water, makes it the perfect safe beach for kids to play or for couples to enjoy some quality time.
Best Koh Samui tours
If you want to explore the best of Koh Samui, and eventually the surrounding islands such as Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Ang Thong Marine Park and Koh Nang Yuan, then you can find the best tours here. All of these tours include air conditioned transport with hotel pick up and drop off, certified guides and sometimes also lunch and the entrance fees. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- ATV Quad bike safari tour in the jungle of Koh Samui. Explore Koh Samui on an ATV quad bike on this guided tour through lush jungles and dirt roads to get your adrenaline pumping.
- Beach Yoga Class & Full-Day Sightseeing Tour Koh Samui. Start the day mindful with a yoga class on a quiet beach. After that you will visit the highlights of Samui island such as the biggest waterfall, famous rock formations and beautiful pagoda’s and viewpoints.
- Traditional Thai cooking class with market tour. Learn how to make traditional Thai food in a half-day, small group cooking class. Choose four dishes to cook and take an educational tour of Koh Samui’s local market to discover the beauty of Thai herbs, spices, and vegetables.
- Go on a 4WD wild Jungle Safari tour with lunch. Enjoy a half-day tour visiting the highlights of Koh Samui in an 4×4 army jeep and have lunch at a mountain-top restaurant with beautiful views of the island.
- Koh Samui night market, sunset view at Laem Sor Pagoda and beach dinner. This private tour starts with a visit to the night market. Then you will visit the famous rock formations and Laem Sor Pagoda for a romantic sunset. To end the evening you will have a private dinner on the beach.
- Visit an ethical elephant home on Koh Samui. During this ethical, half-day program you have the opportunity to participate and spend quality time caring for elephants while observing their natural behaviour.
- Fishing and snorkeling trip with BBQ. Embark on a fishing journey with a traditional wooden fishing boat and fish in the Gulf of Thailand. Snorkel with the marine life at a special location and enjoy an amazing barbecue out at sea.
- Discover Koh Phangan by 4×4 Full-Day Tour. Enjoy a full day of adventure in a 4×4 Jeep on Koh Phangan island and explore the natural beauty and hidden gems of the island.
- Go island hopping to 5 secret nearby islands on a luxury yacht. Visit the 5 secret islands nearby Koh Samui and snorkel, swim or sea kayak to explore the coastline & mangrove forests. Feed the resident deers and pigs on Koh Rap island and have a lovely lunch on board of the luxury yacht.
- Visit Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan on this day tour. Enjoy sightseeing and snorkel at Ao Muang. Swim and snorkel at Koh Nang Yuan and hike to the top of the mountain for an incredible panoramic view.
- Ang Thong Marine park day tour. Explore Ang Thong Marine park from Samui and snorkel at Koh Wao or Koh Tay Plow. Visit Emerald Lake, go kayaking and hike up Mae Koh for the breathtaking viewpoint. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on board of the boat.
- Long tail boat tour to Coral and Pig Island. Go on an island hopping adventure and discover the beautiful coral reefs. Swim amongst colorful marine life and meet the friendly pigs of Pig Island Koh Madsum.
How to get to Lipa Noi beach
Lipa Noi Beach Koh Samui is located on the West coast of the island. Easily reachable via the well maintained main road that loops around Samui you can drive yourself with a rental scooter to this beautiful part of the island.
The entrance although is a bit hard to find. There are several ways to get to the beach, so I would suggest that you just the in Lipa Noi beach on Google Maps and find out which entrance work the best for you.
Click here for our complete guide to the best beaches in Koh Samui
What to expect at Lipa Noi beach
Far away from the main tourist area of Koh Samui, you will find the wilder and more natural parts of Koh Samui on the West coast. Together with Maenam beach, Lipa Noi beach is our favorite relaxing and quiet beach on Koh Samui.
All of the West coast has an offshore reef, sand flats and shallow water. However, lucky enough Lipa Noi beach is the only beach here to face open water without the reef. That makes it the only good swimming beach on this side of the island.
The island’s West coast faces the small body of water between Koh Samui and the mainland, which can be seen on the horizon. It means there are never big waves on Lipa Noi beach, but the beaches are also not as well-developed nor as beautiful as those on the East coast of Koh Samui. Interestingly, one of Samui’s trendiest beach clubs “Nikkie beach”, has opened on Lipa Noi and manages to draw visitors to this part of the island. Otherwise, there is no entertainment or nightlife on this quiet beach.
If you arrive on the beach, far to the right of the beach you will see a fence with a sign NO ENTRANCE. This is the area of the Thai military, so you better not try to cross this part of the beach. We did actually fly the drone here, but not above the area of the military.
Koh Samui weather
If you are planning to visit Koh Samui, of course you want to go in the best months with the driest days. The monsoon usually lasts from October through December with November as the wettest month. February and March, on the other hand, are the sunniest months. January is (statistically) the coolest month and April the hottest time of the year. Broadly you can travel to Koh Samui from January until October to have the best chance on a sunny vacation.
Where to stay in Koh Samui
This depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is considering the Samui hotels or beach resort you can choose. If you’re looking for entertainment and nightlife you have to stay around the Chaweng area. But if you’re more into relaxing and quiet beaches, then book your accommodation around the more in the south or around Maenam beach area as it’s much quieter.
More Koh Samui travel inspiration
We hope you enjoyed this blog post about Lipa Noi beach Koh Samui.
For more Koh Samui travel inspiration, head over to these blog posts:
Leave A Comment