Leela Beach Koh Phangan is a beautiful and quiet beach on the southern tip of the island. Leela Beach is also known as Haad Seekantang in Thai. Because of its secluded location, not many people find their way to this beautiful Koh Phangan beach. Therefore it is the perfect beach for couples and families looking for a quiet paradise where they can relax in peace. In this blog post you will find all the information about Leela Beach Koh Phangan!
Best Koh Phangan tours
Besides exploring the best beaches on Koh Phangan, there are also lots of other fun activities to do to explore the lush, untouched island. There are many tours to book, below are the ones I highly recommend. All of these tours include certified guides and for the adventurous activities also accident insurance. You can reserve now and pay later, with cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
- Private One day road trip around Koh Phangan. Hop in an airconditioned SUV car and explore the most beautiful parts of Koh Phangan in this private 7 hour tour.
- ATV Jungle Safari Tour Koh Phangan. Experience a completely off-road adventure and explore the vibrant jungle and panoramic viewpoints of Koh Phangan.
- 2 hours Jet Ski Safari Tour in Koh Phangan. Go for a speedy adventure in Koh Phangan and explore the beautiful waters and coastline while feeling the rush of adrenaline.
- Koh Phangan 7 hour beach discovery tour. Discover the best and most hidden beaches around Koh Phangan or customize your own program within 7 hours to explore the best of Koh Phangan island.
- Off-road trip tour in a 4×4 truck around Koh Phangan. Explore the mountain jungle and hidden beaches of Koh Phangan during this off road adventure tour in a 4×4 truck.
- One day trip to AngThong Marine park by speedboat including lunch. Explore Ang Thong National Marine Park in a speed boat from Koh Phangan and swim, snorkel and kayak to explore the beautiful National Park.
- Sailing Yacht experience to AngThong Marine Park & Koh Phangan 3 days/2 nights. Sailing, fishing, swimming, kayaking, eating, watching the sunset and much more during this 3 day 2 night sailing yacht tour around AngThong Marine Park.
- PADI Open Water Diver Course in Koh Phangan. Get your PADI Open Water Diver Certification in 3 days. This package includes 4 Open Water Dives, all required learning materials, dive equipment and resort transfers.
How to get to Leela Beach Koh Phangan
All the way on the southern tip of Koh Phangan island and just a stone throw away from the busy Haad Rin beach, you will find the quiet Leela beach. To get on the beach you have to enter through a resort. You can choose from a few entries depending on which part of the beach you want to chill. If you enter via Coconut resort you will see the palm tree swing where you can take some nice photos. But you can also enter at the end beach of Leela Beach via “The Cabin Resort”. We spend most of our time on the beach there, where we also found an awesome wooden boardwalk along the rocks which provides an amazing view on the ocean and beach.
What to expect at Leela Beach Koh Phangan
Because there is no real public entrance, Leela Beach certainly gives a secluded feeling. Generally the beach is filled with residents staying at the resorts along the bay, so it’s not too busy. The sea is super calm, shallow and clear. Perfect for a swim! With a bit of luck you can even see fish swimming around, so bring your snorkels if you have them! There are no waves so also for small children this beach is perfect to play safely in the water. If you need some food then there is a public restaurant where you can order food and drinks. We didn’t really see sunbeds for outside visitors, so be prepared to use your own towel to lay on. But luckily there is enough natural shade to keep you away from sunlight all day long. There is also a fun swing under a tree along the beach where you can chill in the shade and enjoy the views.
At the very end of the beach you will find an awesome wooden boardwalk along the rocks which provides an amazing view on Leela Beach and the sea. There is also a temporary jetty going into the sea, a fun activity if you’ve had enough of chilling on the beach. We’d been two time to Leela beach in different years, and the first time we didn’t see the jetty, but the second time it was there. The water is so clear that you can even spot many tropical fish along while walking on the jetty!
Koh Phangan weather
The island has a dry season and a very wet season. The weather of Koh Phangan basically has three seasons; the horrid monsoon season which is luckily short, the drier season and a hot season which has frequent heavy showers. The dry season lasts from late December through to March, with February as driest month. These months are also the main tourist season of Koh Phangan. The peak season weather is hot, bright and not too humid. Just perfect for lounging on the island’s fantastic beaches. From April until September there are some chances of downpours, alternated with bright blue skies. We were in Koh Phangan in June and only had some rain during the evening or night. The monsoon season which arrives from the south west, strikes between September and mid November. These are the months to avoid going to Koh Phangan.
More Koh Phangan travel inspiration
I hope you enjoyed this blog post about Leela beach Koh Phangan.
For more travel tips about Koh Phangan, head over to these blog posts:
For more travel inspiration to Koh Tao, head over to these blog posts:
Is your plan to travel to Koh Samui? Then read this blog for all the best things to do in Koh Samui.